Friday, July 9, 2010

Mother's Day at the Park

I don't know if any mom every actually gets what she wants for Mother's Day...or I might be alone in the thought that Mother's Day should really be a day off.
I don't mean a scary, if well-meant, breakfast in bed (not that I got one), or nice little gifts (not that I got any), or a day with family (I did get that!).
I mean a true day off - sleeping until your body is ready to get up, then having whatever your tummy desires to eat with no fear of thigh or belly enlargement. Followed by a full body massage for as long as it takes to work out all the kinks and tension. Then a complete makeover that includes magically sculpting your body to exactly the way you want it to look and the perfect hair style and color (read: no more gray). And then, just for kicks - a guarantee that you won't have to shave your legs for a year as long as you eat chocolate every day.....~sigh~

Okay - so back to reality....

We had a really nice Mother's Day. New Bridge typically does child dedications that day, which is always touching and usually makes me tear up a bit. All the moms also get a free drink from the cafe. From there we headed to the park to hang out with my mom and the rest of the fam damily. We had a picnic and let the kiddos run wild on the toys while the moms mostly sat around and relaxed. The weather definitely cooperated and my mom loved the gift I made her. (The jewelry frame and earrings from this post.)

Posted by Picasa

Afterwards, we were supposed to head over to visit with the other side of my family, but I was about as worn out as Tucker, so we headed home for a nice relaxing evening.
Overall, it was a good day and I am so blessed to be Mama to two such beautiful, smart, loving, fun, silly, sweet boys!

Psalm 127:3

1 comment:

Emery said...

um...can i sign up for that first mother's day?? it sounds like my kind of arrangement!

xoxo