Friday, March 18, 2011

July 2010

Since I'm posting this so incredibly, embarrassingly late - I decided to just cover the major highlights. Hopefully, I'll be better about my blog this year and keep up more with all the little things, too!

Fourth of July
We just enjoy spending the day hanging out at home, relaxing, and eating great food. This year we even got some family out for the celebration! Houston picked up a few fireworks, but mainly we just sit around the fire, roast marshmallows (Randy had his first s'more ever!), and watch the neighborhood light up!


Anniversary Dinner
We have two sets of good friends that share our anniversary month - well, technically we share theirs since we were married last, but, you know what I mean! Add to this mix that we all met our spouses at the same dive bar separate from each other and the fact that we all have this weird 'it's a small world' relationship web...well, it makes for fun stories and a great time when we can all get together. This year Cheryl thought it'd be fun for all of us to go out to dinner to celebrate our anniversaries. We went to a great little restaurant called Gino's. Great food, great service, and great fun with great people! =}



Karaoke Small Group
For our summer small groups this year, New Bridge asked people to lead a group just doing what they enjoyed doing and invite the church to join them. We, of course, decided to host a karaoke group that met at our local karaoke spot. We were gonna be there anyway, this just gave us the chance to have more people join us and, hopefully, have some fun! We didn't get anyone from church that we didn't already know, but we enjoyed spending time with those that did join us!


Anniversary Trip
Money was a little tight this year for our trip, but our anniversary trips are mainly about spending time together - just us! - so we decided to focus on location instead of lodging. We ended up riding over to Yakima for the weekend. It was a beautiful ride both there and back (we took different routes each way). The weather was incredible all weekend - a little on the warm side, but we rode out the highest temps with a quick dip in the hotel pool and riding Sylvia.
While I can't say Yakima is on the repeat list as a destination, we definitely made it fun! Our weekend there had plenty of riding, good food, interesting nightlife, a taxi service that acted as our personal guide to the area, an afternoon at the museum and soda shop, and my first time ever inside a local yarn shop! Most importantly, I got to spend time with my best friend in the world, just being together and having fun. Good times!
Posted by Picasa

My Braces!
My turn! I was so excited to FINALLY get my braces!! I've been so close so many times and it feels great to be doing something that has already been a great boost to my confidence - have you noticed I smile more? And don't cover my mouth?!


Wow! The difference since this picture was taken is amazing! Oh, and Joey loves the fact that I can now relate to everything he's gone through with his braces.

1 comment:

Cedar said...

You did it! I was thinking March would be over without a post. Sounds like July was a great month!