Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yarn Train 2011

In January, I hopped on the Snohomish Knitter's Guild Yarn Train to Portland.


I got my ticket waaaaay in advance, so I had plenty of time to save up money to enhance my collection of yarny goodness and annoy everyone with my excitement! =}

Yarn Train is a group of (over 200 this time) knitters/crocheters who hop on the same train, knit/crochet our way down to Portland and descend on the yarn shops. They offer us discounts and munchies and freebies in our goodie bags...then we all hop another train home and show off our new stash!

I met up with some friends and off we went! We visited a few of the local yarn shops in Portland (KnitPurl, Dublin Bay Knitting Co., and Urban Fiber Arts), had some great food at the Tea Zone (chocolate cin tea...yum!) and Kenny & Zuke's, wandered through Powell's (holy cow!), and made a stop at Cupcake Jones (the Gingerbread cupcake was my favorite).

Posted by Picasa


I'm already anxious to get my tickets for next year!!

2 comments:

Mama-Bug said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I have never been to cupcake Jones....I think I am going to have to check that out :)

Cedar said...

Ummm, cupcakes, train, and friends...sounds fun!