...well, a couple of weeks ago anyway! I just haven't had a chance to sit down and blog about my fantastic birthday weekend!
My wonderful hubby planned a run for my 35th...I do love that man!!
He took care of everything - I just had to pack the essentials. He also bought me a real riding jacket, vest, and got me my A.B.A.T.E. patch!! So now I'm officially a biker babe!
We took off on Saturday morning with five bikes and a chase car.

About ten seconds after we hit the freeway....the rain started, then the downpour, then the monsoon!! By the time we hit Quinalt we were ready to call it a day...well, everyone but me. My new jacket had kept me nice n dry, but everyone else was soaked and freezing. We had planned to ride to the Hoh Rain Forest, then back down to Pacific Beach, but decided that would have to wait for a dryer weekend. At one point we even had to pull over because we couldn't see through the rain...not the safest riding conditions!
Everyone was still in good spirits when we hit the hotel, just ready to dry off! We checked-in, dried off as best we could, and headed to the hotel bar for a warm-up, a little pool, and lunch.
I kept watching the skies and wishing we were riding.
As soon as there was a break in the clouds, Houston said, "Let's go!" and we took off on Sylvia!!

We didn't go far, just rode around town a few times (it's not exactly a big place) and back and forth to Moclips a couple times. We never did make it to the beach, but we had a great time closing down the local bar...and made quite an impression! The next morning another hotel guest said we were the "singingest bikers I've ever seen!" We went back there for breakfast the next morning and I was even recognized as the "Hanky Panky" girl...it's a song!!
Enjoy some pics of our fun...
My wonderful hubby planned a run for my 35th...I do love that man!!
He took care of everything - I just had to pack the essentials. He also bought me a real riding jacket, vest, and got me my A.B.A.T.E. patch!! So now I'm officially a biker babe!
We took off on Saturday morning with five bikes and a chase car.

About ten seconds after we hit the freeway....the rain started, then the downpour, then the monsoon!! By the time we hit Quinalt we were ready to call it a day...well, everyone but me. My new jacket had kept me nice n dry, but everyone else was soaked and freezing. We had planned to ride to the Hoh Rain Forest, then back down to Pacific Beach, but decided that would have to wait for a dryer weekend. At one point we even had to pull over because we couldn't see through the rain...not the safest riding conditions!
Everyone was still in good spirits when we hit the hotel, just ready to dry off! We checked-in, dried off as best we could, and headed to the hotel bar for a warm-up, a little pool, and lunch.
I kept watching the skies and wishing we were riding.
As soon as there was a break in the clouds, Houston said, "Let's go!" and we took off on Sylvia!!

We didn't go far, just rode around town a few times (it's not exactly a big place) and back and forth to Moclips a couple times. We never did make it to the beach, but we had a great time closing down the local bar...and made quite an impression! The next morning another hotel guest said we were the "singingest bikers I've ever seen!" We went back there for breakfast the next morning and I was even recognized as the "Hanky Panky" girl...it's a song!!
Enjoy some pics of our fun...
Of course, the ride home was sunny and beautiful...figures! Everyone had a great time though, and we were so impressed with Kristie, who is a newbie, and Chris, who had never been on a long run before. My longest so far is about 4 1/2 hours...and I still wasn't ready to quit for the day! (Houston didn't know what he was getting himself into! :)
It was such a great trip!! Can't wait to do it again!
Thank you, Babe! I love you so much! (Even more than riding!)


3 comments:
wow - a real biker chic! you're totally awesome...and happy belated birthday, cute girl! miss you always!
You must have bun 'o steel! That's all I can say. And "Happy Birthday!"
Love that! The "singingest bikers". Awesome!
Post a Comment