The Saturday before we left on our anniversary trip, we took the boys to the beach for the day.
If we have past lives, I was a sea creature! It doesn't matter what else is going on - I'm at peace on the beach. I don't know if it's the vastness of the ocean, the lull of the waves, or the feel of the sand in my toes...and I don't really care! =} I just know that I'm happy on the beach and it was just a perfect day with my guys!
We started the day by strolling through a few of the shops and spending way too much on a mediocre lunch - it IS a tourist town after all! We happened to show up the same day as the classic car show. The main street was closed to traffic, so we got to wander through town without having to navigate the stroller on crowded sidewalks. They even had a parade of the cars (a very short parade) down the couple of blocks they had closed. Not a planned part of the trip, but a fun bonus!
After a few more shops and some souvenirs, we headed to the beach...
We started the day by strolling through a few of the shops and spending way too much on a mediocre lunch - it IS a tourist town after all! We happened to show up the same day as the classic car show. The main street was closed to traffic, so we got to wander through town without having to navigate the stroller on crowded sidewalks. They even had a parade of the cars (a very short parade) down the couple of blocks they had closed. Not a planned part of the trip, but a fun bonus!
After a few more shops and some souvenirs, we headed to the beach...
Perfect weather, the beach wasn't crowded, and we all had fun...it really was a great day!



1 comment:
too cute! and happy anniversary!
Post a Comment