Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let it snow!

~It's official! We're snowed in! I know many of you are used to lots of snow, but up here in Washington, we definitely are not. Besides, I haven't seen this much snow since I was little! We have more than a foot and it just keeps on snowing! I love it! I love it! I love it!


~We had a good time playing in it the other day (before it got too deep for Tucker to walk in)!
Joey gearing up for a fight


Tucker on his 'wee'

My boys making snow angels

My snowman kept losing his head - so I recycled!
~Houston and Cheryl (our good friend/neighbor) tried to head to Safeway today to pick up a few essentials before the roads got worse, but only made it to the middle of road before they were stuck. (My little Kia isn't exactly an ideal snow vehicle!) We then realized that even if they made it down the road, they'd never make it up the hill to get out of our neighborhood! It took a couple neighbors to help us push it back into the driveway. Luckily, one of those neighbors had a friend in a huge 4x4 (with chains) that was taking him to run a couple of errands - he then offered to take Houston and Cheryl up to the store. An interesting character of an angel, but a blessing nonetheless!
~Houston, being the barbeque fanatic he is, is outside grilling chicken as we speak! :) At least the grill is under cover so he isn't turning into a snowman! Of course, there is Christmas music playing throughout the house and on the deck. We always eat well and are usually surrounded with music!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love the blog! Glad to have another way to get to know you and keep in touch.

The Johnsons said...

Tucker on the slide is too cute! "Snow or no snow I'm playing" kind of guy - I like it! Yeah, now I can add you to mine!