Sunday, March 15, 2009

Living Free

I briefly mentioned the Living Free class I was taking at church in an earlier post. I was so surprised by how much this class changed me! So much of it was just about letting go of anger, fear, insecurities, etc. and trusting in God's forgiveness and love.

Until I did some of the worksheets in my book, I don't think I consciously realized how much fear and anger I was carrying around with me every day. Or how much I was trying to be in control and not having faith that God wanted the best for me and loved me the way he made me. I've always had trust issues! :) This class taught me how to pray, how to receive forgiveness, and how to forgive those that have hurt me.

Having been raised without a personal connection to Jesus, so much of what I've gotten from MOPS and New Bridge has been wonderful, inspiring, and, most of all, freeing!

I did a lot of crying going through this class - there were a couple of big things that I had to work through and I was so overwhelmed with realizing the incredible love He's had for me before I was even conceived!

So, my next step is going to be baptism. I was baptized as a baby, but this time it's my choice, my symbol of obedience, and my cleansing.

Okay...I'm getting all sniffly and emotional....more light-hearted topics later!

6 comments:

Steve & Sarabeth said...

This is awesome, Jessy! I love hearing about how God is working in your heart!

Crystal said...

Congrats! It's awesome when we hit these parts of our spiritual journey!

Mashel said...

That is so awesome Jessy. Stormie got baptized tonight at the evening service and it was amazing. Isn't it great to see what God has in store for us!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jessy! Great singing today too and thanks for letting God use you! abby

Shannon said...

I love you Sister! I am so glad you went through this class! I am so excited for your baptism! You make my heart sing!

Jessy said...

Thanks, ladies! Each one of you has had a part in bringing me to this step...some more than others :), but each one had a part!