I thought my sister was nuts when she told me she was going to this mom's group at her church - I was thinking, "gee, how fun to spend hours with perfect christian women who judge you and thump their bibles while they talk about their perfect lives." The more she talked about the group, though, I could tell she really enjoyed it. So when she asked me to come with her while I was pregnant with Tucker, I reluctantly agreed - mostly just so I could spend more time with my sister!
Fast forward almost three years and I love these women! They're all real moms with real lives - crappy childhood garbage, bad decisions as teens, houses that are never neat enough, kids with snotty noses....you get the idea! :)
Last year I was Shannon's assistant for Hospitality (door prizes, games, etc.) and this year I'm the Creative Activities leader - basically the craft lady! I love being able to do my little part to love on all the moms who come to our group and spend a little time with the rest of the leadership (including my sister, of course!).
One of the biggest days of the year toward the mission of MOPS was called Jazz n Java this year. The table leaders turned our meeting space into a cool coffee cafe and provided yummy edibles. Three of the moms in our group gave their testimonies (it's always nice to hear how they came to Christ and get to know their hearts), and they even let me sing!
{Mighty Love by Bob Carlisle - thanks to my hubby for picking the perfect song! I love you, babe!}
I was really nervous, so it isn't one of my best performances, but it's all from the heart!!
Thank you, ladies!


2 comments:
I'm glad you love MOPS like we all do. You did a great job with Jazz and Java and were a big help! :)
Crystal
We are so glad that you chose to come to MOPS too! (to join all of us perfect mommies!lol) You did an amazing job at Jazz and Java, and I just loved how your song fit so perfectly with my testimony and the "mighty love" of a father. Isn't it amazing how God fits the pieces together perfectly, more then we could probably ever do if we tried!
Post a Comment