So, exactly when did I give my sweet boy the impression he was allowed to grow up?!
Joey has been accepted to the new magnet middle school in our district! He's so excited and I know (hope & pray) this will be a great experience for him. The magnet school focuses on academics and the performing arts, which means he'll be able to keep playing bass in the orchestra and be in the choir (he would have had to choose at the junior high). He also gets to participate in the only drama program available before high school and the only dance program in the district! Add to all this that the school will only have around 300 students (half the size of his elementary) and fresh, excited teachers....it promises to be a great experience!
Of course, this also means he's making me feel old! (I'm sure my impending doom of a birthday has nothing to do with it.) If he hadn't been accepted, he would have still been at his elementary school for sixth grade. He'll also be leaving behind a lot of his friends, but he makes friends so easily and he can play sports with his "home" school, so I think he'll adapt okay.
And...he's getting braces in May! Yikes! Our insurance covers $1000 and the orthodontist (who looks about 12) gave us a $500 discount - I don't know why and I don't care! So that only leaves around $2700 for us to cover in the next 14 months....I don't know how to spell gagging noises. But, if we're lucky and all goes well, he won't need to have phase two once all of his permanent teeth are in. If he does, that's another $3000!! This kid better smile 24 hours a day once they come off!! Once phase one is paid off....it's my turn, baby!!
Joey, you are such a sweet, smart, funny, loving, kind, talented, amazing little man and you have no idea how much your mama loves you!


2 comments:
gotta love braces! And no matter what birthday is pending, you'll always be young at heart...and I'll always remember acting like a giggly school girl with you. love you!!!
Hey, technically we were school girls - college counts, right?!
Post a Comment