As much as I'm looking forward to being diaper-free, I'm a firm believer in letting little ones guide their toilet learning. In fact, Joey was so easy that I don't remember potty training him! Tucker has shown very little interest in using the potty other than watching every once in a while and flushing when he gets a chance. We bought a trainer seat a couple of months ago, but he had no interest in sitting on it - I figured "no big deal, he'll let me know when he's ready."
And he did!! Last weekend he sat on his trainer seat for a few minutes and wanted down. Then on Thursday - completely out of the blue - he came up to me and said "Mama, I go potty." So off we went and lo and behold we heard the sweet tinkling of diaper freedom! (Eventually!) I was so excited I think I almost freaked him out! :) I woo-hoo'd and giggled and high-fived and made a BIG deal out of it! Then we came out and told my nieces and nephews who were hanging out for the day...then we called Daddy....then we called Auntie...then we called Grammy. He was so proud of himself!
Then he wanted to try twice on Friday...success both times! Saturday was busy, so he wasn't interested, but he did go again today. Each time he proudly yells "I hear it potty! I did it!" and rushes to tell Daddy and Joey that he went potty. The whole house is doing potty celebration!
Isn't it amazing how excited we mamas get over bodily functions?!
10 years ago


2 comments:
I'm SO jealous! Lincoln is ready, but I don't dare start with him while we're in the hotel for fear of regression and having to retrain when we move (although that could be two years from now). Congratulations diaper-free momma! This is a milestone, indeed!
Yeah Tucker!! We're dancing with you!
Post a Comment