Last week I sent the boys out to play while I made dinner...didn't last long!
I heard Tucker start to cry and thought, "That's not a mad cry." When I got to the window, Joey was standing in front of Tuck (who was crying in his swing) and hollering, "Tucker! Tucker!" in a panic. Then I noticed the blood on Tucker's face...okay, time to switch to emergency management mode.
I headed out the door the same time Joey started to run toward the house. The moment he saw me he started to cry and apologize over and over! Poor guy felt soooo guilty! I sent him in to get a washcloth (really to get him out of the way and because it would be easier to calm Tucker down if Joey wasn't freaking out!) and pulled Tucker out of the swing so he could bleed all over me and not just himself! Head wounds are the worst!
It didn't take long to get Tucker calmed down, cleaned up, and stop the bleeding, but it did take lots of reassuring to convince Joey that it wasn't his fault - accidents happen! Apparently, he had pushed Tucker a little too hard in the toddler swing and grabbed the ropes to try to stop him...which, of course, whipped him around into one of the 4x4 wood posts that support the swing set.
About then Houston roared up on Sylvia, so as soon as he got to the door I said, "Hi, Honey. Welcome home! We need to go to the hospital now." By this time, Tucker was over his owwie and was just annoyed that I kept wiping the blood from the split on his eyebrow. Then he was mad because he didn't want to go bye-bye!
Once we were loaded in the car, Tucker was his happy self (with Mama sitting in the back seat still being irritating by blotting fresh blood from his owwie). He even smiled for the camera on my cell!

Poor Houston didn't know how horrible Joey felt about what happened and teased him...bad idea! My poor, sweet Joey was INSTANTLY sobbing hysterically! Houston was in a panic! He finally convinced him that he was just teasing, it wasn't his fault, and that he didn't mean to upset him.
I heard Tucker start to cry and thought, "That's not a mad cry." When I got to the window, Joey was standing in front of Tuck (who was crying in his swing) and hollering, "Tucker! Tucker!" in a panic. Then I noticed the blood on Tucker's face...okay, time to switch to emergency management mode.
I headed out the door the same time Joey started to run toward the house. The moment he saw me he started to cry and apologize over and over! Poor guy felt soooo guilty! I sent him in to get a washcloth (really to get him out of the way and because it would be easier to calm Tucker down if Joey wasn't freaking out!) and pulled Tucker out of the swing so he could bleed all over me and not just himself! Head wounds are the worst!
It didn't take long to get Tucker calmed down, cleaned up, and stop the bleeding, but it did take lots of reassuring to convince Joey that it wasn't his fault - accidents happen! Apparently, he had pushed Tucker a little too hard in the toddler swing and grabbed the ropes to try to stop him...which, of course, whipped him around into one of the 4x4 wood posts that support the swing set.
About then Houston roared up on Sylvia, so as soon as he got to the door I said, "Hi, Honey. Welcome home! We need to go to the hospital now." By this time, Tucker was over his owwie and was just annoyed that I kept wiping the blood from the split on his eyebrow. Then he was mad because he didn't want to go bye-bye!
Once we were loaded in the car, Tucker was his happy self (with Mama sitting in the back seat still being irritating by blotting fresh blood from his owwie). He even smiled for the camera on my cell!

Poor Houston didn't know how horrible Joey felt about what happened and teased him...bad idea! My poor, sweet Joey was INSTANTLY sobbing hysterically! Houston was in a panic! He finally convinced him that he was just teasing, it wasn't his fault, and that he didn't mean to upset him.
No doubting that Joey loves his brother! :)
Once we got to the ER, I was glad to see my friend Jamie from Mug Shotz at the admit desk! She hadn't seen Tucker in a year, but remembered his full name and the month he was born! You're the best, Jamie!
Tucker was, of course, bored by this point and spent the rest of our time in the waiting room running in circles, finding books for me to read to him, and basically entertaining everyone there with his constant motion. Of course, he took an occasional break to tell me "Don't do that!" each time I blotted his eye.
He did love his hospital ID bracelet, however, and even had me put it back on him at bedtime.
Once we made it to the Optical ER room (about 2 hours - not bad by ER standards!) he loved jumping from the footrest on the big chair and exploring (read "trying to destroy") the room.
The only part that wasn't fun for him was being held still while the doc glued the split in his eyebrow shut.
(All glued up and ready to head home)
(His eye was so swollen!)
Now we're just waiting for the glue to fall off and to see what kind of scar he ends up with. Joey has one at about the same spot on his opposite eye from a similar incident when he was a little younger than Tuck.
Tucker may not remember how he got this lates scar, but at least he'll have the story in vivid detail!





2 comments:
I remember when Ethan split his eyebrow open - you're right...bleeders! I'm glad he survived his trip to the emergency room and no stitches were needed. I miss you...just thought you should know.
Oh man Jessy! And here I was complaining about Shaun's black eye...at least it didn't require an ER visit!! Poor Tucker (and Joey, and You!!) What a trooper :)
Post a Comment