My friend, Cheryl, and I dragged my mom off to Gay Bingo's Biker Babe Night with us. It was a blast!! We all dressed up in our biker gear - well, Mom had to go buy some, but Cheryl and I just threw on our leathers - and headed for the Fremont District in Seattle. (Take my word for it, don't trust Google with directions to get there!!) After driving in circles near the Seattle Center trying to find where we were supposed to be, we finally called Houston who guided us directly to our destination with no problems. Thanks, Babe!
Gay Bingo is a fundraiser put on six months of the year by the Lifelong AIDS Alliance. Each time they do a different theme. This one just seemed a good fit for us somehow! ;}
The event is hosted by volunteers from the Alliance and the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. They are an interesting bunch of drag queens (see the picture below) and are gracious hostesses. =} There was even live entertainment - it was fun, but disturbing to see that a guy in drag had a better looking tush than I did!
A couple of new bingo customs for me were the pledge we all recited at the beginning - "...it's only a game..." and that after every game all the players wad up their cards and throw them all over the room. I only got hit in the head once, so I'd say we did well!
The sister on the right was my mom's favorite - he was a giant of a man in platform heels! We had a great time, got to play bingo (yes, I love bingo!),
and then headed to Weasel's birthday party....more on that later!




No comments:
Post a Comment