Friday, January 23, 2009

Please excuse Jessy's absence...

I know I've thrown little bits and pieces on over the last couple of weeks, but I wanted to explain why I haven't been posting much....

I really love the holidays and all the time I get to spend with my family, but now the busyness kicks back in!

Between snow and holidays and a few vacation days, I spent almost three weeks at home with my guys (well, Houston still had to work, but he was home a lot, too!) which is always great! I love being able to keep up with the housework and still have time to just play with my boys and spend time with my family. I'd really like to be a stay-at-home mama, but, sadly, that's just not in the cards. So my first few days back to work were pretty depressing. Don't get me wrong! I really enjoy what I do and, if I have to work (which I do), it's the perfect place for me to be. I only work 20 hours a week (if you don't count my commute) and Tucker is 10 minutes away with Shannon. I also get to set my own schedule and can move things around however I like. As long as my work gets done it doesn't matter! So I get paid well for a job I like and I get to know that my little man is with someone who loves him.

Anyway...between work (which can be hectic in itself), taking care of my guys and all that entails, trying to keep up with the house, my MOPS duties, and my March of Dimes work, I thought "Hey, I need to add more stuff to my schedule!"

(Is that a coo coo clock I hear?!)

One of my latest endeavors was the set of Knifty Knitters I bought recently! I like (okay, need) having something to keep my hands busy most of the time and have tons of yarn I haven't done anything with in a long time. My friend, Cheryl, was using one to make a baby blanket for her soon-to-be grandchild and I had to try it!

These are the projects I've completed in my spare time recently. (read: wee hours when I should be asleep.) The baby hats I'll probably end up donating to one of the NICU's and the scarf I made for Joey.

I've also started the Living Free (Mike Riches) class offered at our church. It's the first time I've taken any kind of religious education since my first communion! I'm looking forward to learning more about me, the bible, and making some connections at our church.

I'm also going to be auditioning for the Worship Team at church next week. I haven't auditioned for anything in a long, loooong time! A little scary, but I'm choosing to be cautiously optimistic that they'll choose me.

So add these new activities (which work out to at least two nights a week away from home in the evenings and being at both services Sunday mornings) to the fact that we are kicking off the busy part of being a March of Dimes Family Team Chair, the fact that I have four more craft activity days at MOPS in the next couple of months, and I've volunteered to sing at our MOPS Jazz n Java meeting....well, you get the idea!!

In the midst of all this, I can't wait for spring so I can get back in the garden and back on the motorcycle!!

Well...gotta go give Tuck a bath, but I'll be back sooner than later!

No comments: