Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009!?

~It's so hard to believe it's 2009 already! I think that's mostly because we've lived so much in the last few years. Between school, job changes, weddings, births, deaths, friends, family, growing boys, and a lot of fun...the time really does fly!

~We started the new year with a quiet evening at home - my guys, a couple of friends, a few drinks, and a bottle of sparkling grape juice for the underage crowd. :) Cheers, kisses (including the one I tiptoed to get from a sleeping Tucker), hugs, and lots of text messages rang in 2009. Along with Straight No Chaser's version of "Auld Lang Syne." Beautiful! I honestly can't remember the last time I spent New Year's Eve at home!

~So far 2009 has been all about family time and doing things that make us happy - the boys have played, watched movies, and eaten fresh-baked cookies. Joey made us all breakfast New Year's Day - his first batch of pancakes! He's a natural. :)

~Houston has been adding all the chrome pieces to Sylvia (the motorcycle) that were left under the tree. The dual air-horns went on today - believe me, they can hear him now!
~I baked cookies, did dishes and laundry (of course!), and actually got all the Christmas decorations and the tree down! If you know me well, please try not to hit your head as you faint.
~Before I packed everything up, Tucker and I read The Christmas Story (Little Golden Books version) one more time. He pointed out the holy family - chosup, cheesus, and mama cheesus - on the cover before and after we read the story. He is so much fun!
~I don't have any pictures to post of any of these happenings - so here are my current favorite pics of me and my guys!

I know it's old, but it's still my favorite of me and Joey!
Poor kid looks so much like his mama.

Houston and I with Biker Santa at the Mary Bridge Toy Run!
(not sure if the guy in back is checking out one of our tushies or just thinks we're nuts)



Tucker's 2nd birthday -we went to play at McDonald's. He's such a ham!

We hope this year brings you love, peace, happiness, and

the vision to see God's love all around you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "mama cheesus". That is so precious.
~Dawn

Tiffany said...

Great post, Jess. You're so awesome! I'm going to miss getting to hang and know you better, too. Thank goodness for the age of email and blogs, eh?! BTW..Joey is a Very handsome little man..must be because he looks so much LIKE YOU!!!

Emery said...

Jess, you're still as beautiful as ever. And the boys are darling! I can't believe I've never met Tucker...and you haven't met Link or Porter. Where does the time go? I miss you so much! Love you more!

Jessy said...

I miss you, too! I keep hoping the means for a trip will fall in my lap...